Mark-o'-the-Muse

Chasing the muses that bring the sparkle to our lives.



Welcome from Judy

The creative spirit is alive and well, and this is an attempt to celebrate the creative muses that reside and thrive within us. I am always in awe of people who have harnessed that ability and have done something great with it. They inspire and encourage me and others to go for it, and to use the God-given talents we have to celebrate life!

Wow--I haven't done anything with this blog in such a long time; life--surgeries on problem feet, keeping busy with work and outside interests, and other activities have been getting in the way of some things; and being a grandma who loves to go to her grandkids' activities now that they have moved closer has kept me on bleachers and stadium seats a lot--and I love it! I truly believe the muses in my life move in and out of importance in the total scheme of things, and I have periods of time where I do not feel their presence calling me to create, CREATE. CREATE! And then they descend like a whirlwind and I just have to make something, then something else, and so on. My brother told me over the holidays that I was obsessed with silverware stuff right now--he's probably got a point! But it is so much fun to putter with, put down, go off and do my regular stuff, and then when I am ready to take a break again, it's there waiting for me! Cheaper than a therapist!There will be things offered up for sale, ideas and tutorials, and other stuff along the way. May you find it a-MUSE-ing to follow along!



Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Softball Ornament Family
 
     Here is a set of ornaments I made for my daughter and her family.  I used purchased bottle cap blanks and created my softball stuff with my printshop software.  There are clear resin half-domes that fit over the printed softballs.  I had to make a bottom hole in the top two bottle caps to link the three togbether.
   Our whole family is softball craZy--grandpa, son-in-law, and daughter coach; granddaughter plays; grandson plays little league baseball; other daughter still playing softball. These can be custom made to suit anyone, and I don't think they have to be just set up as Christmas ornaments.
   Softball Bottlecap Ornament--$6.00 each, including shipping
  Leave an order at centralcitysoftball@gmail.com.  Check our boards on Pinterest for our merchandise for sale as spring comes closer.

No comments: