Mark-o'-the-Muse

Chasing the muses that bring the sparkle to our lives.



Welcome from Judy

The creative spirit is alive and well, and this is an attempt to celebrate the creative muses that reside and thrive within us. I am always in awe of people who have harnessed that ability and have done something great with it. They inspire and encourage me and others to go for it, and to use the God-given talents we have to celebrate life!

Wow--I haven't done anything with this blog in such a long time; life--surgeries on problem feet, keeping busy with work and outside interests, and other activities have been getting in the way of some things; and being a grandma who loves to go to her grandkids' activities now that they have moved closer has kept me on bleachers and stadium seats a lot--and I love it! I truly believe the muses in my life move in and out of importance in the total scheme of things, and I have periods of time where I do not feel their presence calling me to create, CREATE. CREATE! And then they descend like a whirlwind and I just have to make something, then something else, and so on. My brother told me over the holidays that I was obsessed with silverware stuff right now--he's probably got a point! But it is so much fun to putter with, put down, go off and do my regular stuff, and then when I am ready to take a break again, it's there waiting for me! Cheaper than a therapist!There will be things offered up for sale, ideas and tutorials, and other stuff along the way. May you find it a-MUSE-ing to follow along!



Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bottled Wishes



A whimsical project that I have been dabbling with is what I have named "Wish Bottles." The card that is attached to each bottle reads:


Wish Bottle

Wishes, Hopes,
Prayers, & Dreams...
Wanting something
Sometimes seems
To be so far from reality.
But this spirit bottle is meant to be
A symbol of your fondest desires
From silly things to heartfelt fires.

Just whisper your desire in the bottle so bright
And put on the cork to seal it in tight.
If your desire was meant to be
It will show itself to thee.
Sometimes our desires are not what they seem
So we look elsewhere for another dream.
Whatever we do, whatever we pray,
We hope life is better every day.




















The bottles are fun to look for and find, and I tried the technique of using an embossing pen and powder, then using the heat gun. I figured the words, etc., would be on the glass pretty good--not the case. I had to spray a coat of clear lacquer on them. For the most part, they probably would be okay, unless ya had lots of wishes! The fun part for me is the wire, beads, and other embellishments that transform a bottle into something entirely different.

I'm planning a display area at B Inspired that features all fairy kinds of things, so I thought I'd put these bottles there, too.


No comments: