Mark-o'-the-Muse

Chasing the muses that bring the sparkle to our lives.



Welcome from Judy

The creative spirit is alive and well, and this is an attempt to celebrate the creative muses that reside and thrive within us. I am always in awe of people who have harnessed that ability and have done something great with it. They inspire and encourage me and others to go for it, and to use the God-given talents we have to celebrate life!

Wow--I haven't done anything with this blog in such a long time; life--surgeries on problem feet, keeping busy with work and outside interests, and other activities have been getting in the way of some things; and being a grandma who loves to go to her grandkids' activities now that they have moved closer has kept me on bleachers and stadium seats a lot--and I love it! I truly believe the muses in my life move in and out of importance in the total scheme of things, and I have periods of time where I do not feel their presence calling me to create, CREATE. CREATE! And then they descend like a whirlwind and I just have to make something, then something else, and so on. My brother told me over the holidays that I was obsessed with silverware stuff right now--he's probably got a point! But it is so much fun to putter with, put down, go off and do my regular stuff, and then when I am ready to take a break again, it's there waiting for me! Cheaper than a therapist!There will be things offered up for sale, ideas and tutorials, and other stuff along the way. May you find it a-MUSE-ing to follow along!



Tuesday, January 8, 2013

'Wrapped Jewelry" Pinterest Party


 

 
 
 
 
 
We have many interesting events and activities at our local library, but one of the newest and most fun is our Pinterest Party every month.  Different people have taught different classes since we started in October, such as glass etching; vinyl wall art; a tied fabric wreath; and this month wire-wrapped jewelry.   I have been dabbling in more silverware art jewelry, and this is my creation from our party--a silverware spoon bowl which has been hammered flat and burnished to give the silver some texture, along with a green bead, 2 crystal beads, silver wire and a silver chain.  I like it!

No comments: