Mark-o'-the-Muse

Chasing the muses that bring the sparkle to our lives.



Welcome from Judy

The creative spirit is alive and well, and this is an attempt to celebrate the creative muses that reside and thrive within us. I am always in awe of people who have harnessed that ability and have done something great with it. They inspire and encourage me and others to go for it, and to use the God-given talents we have to celebrate life!

Wow--I haven't done anything with this blog in such a long time; life--surgeries on problem feet, keeping busy with work and outside interests, and other activities have been getting in the way of some things; and being a grandma who loves to go to her grandkids' activities now that they have moved closer has kept me on bleachers and stadium seats a lot--and I love it! I truly believe the muses in my life move in and out of importance in the total scheme of things, and I have periods of time where I do not feel their presence calling me to create, CREATE. CREATE! And then they descend like a whirlwind and I just have to make something, then something else, and so on. My brother told me over the holidays that I was obsessed with silverware stuff right now--he's probably got a point! But it is so much fun to putter with, put down, go off and do my regular stuff, and then when I am ready to take a break again, it's there waiting for me! Cheaper than a therapist!There will be things offered up for sale, ideas and tutorials, and other stuff along the way. May you find it a-MUSE-ing to follow along!



Sunday, March 28, 2010

New Friends and New Shoes


My last post was about old friends and old shoes and the comfort to be found in both. This time I want to look at new shoes and new friends, and all that goes with that.

Sometimes we try on a pair of shoes, and they just don't fit right--they pinch a bit, or are uncomfortable in some way. We don't spend too much time looking at them.

Some shoes seem to be a good fit at the time they are purchased, but for various reasons later on, they don't get worn a lot. We put them on for certain occasions, and we can enjoy them for a little while, but they get put in the back of the closet most of the time. Sometimes we wind up wearing those shoes a lot and pretty soon they are at the front of your closet.

Then there are those shoes that, from the moment you try them on in the store, they fit your foot like a glove--like you'd had them for ages. You just know they are going to go the distance with you.

Isn't it the same with new friends? There are some people that you meet and you just know you can be an acquaintance but probably not a close friend. That's okay, we'd be awfully busy if everyone we met became a "best bud."

Haven't you met a person and from the very first conversation, there's a spark of something--common interests, a personality that clicks with yours, or a whole slew of other things. You enjoy visiting with that person, you can talk comfortably and easily, and that person makes you feel good even after your conversation is long over.

Thank heavens we have all kinds of friends--the really old comfortable ones, and the newer comfortable ones that bring something new into our lives.
Thanks to the Graphic Fairy for the neat old image at the top!

No comments: